Position Sought: English and/or Technology Teacher, Grades 6-12
Although I would be happy in either role, my ideal position allows me to develop cross-curricular instruction in both my areas of expertise.
California State University East Bay, Hayward, CA
Masters of Science in Education: Educational Technology Leadership.
Single Subject Teaching Credentials (English, Computer Concepts and Applications).
Occidental College, Los Angeles, CA
B.A. English and Comparative Literature Studies (cum laude).
Minor in Russian Studies.
City College of San Francisco, San Francisco, CA
Completed transfer requirements, focusing on rhetoric, Russian literature and language.
- Teaching Experience
Summer School English Teacher at James Logan High School, New Haven Unified School District
June 2013 - July 2013
Creative Writing and Sheltered English classes for ELD. Scaffolding lessons for learners of Beginning to Intermediate CELDT levels and from Chinese, Spanish, Vietnamese, Punjabi, Filipino, and Afghan backgrounds. Tools include poetry reading and writing, current events, reciprocal teaching, and speaking, listening, and role-playing games. Also using hypertext authoring tools to access student creativity and develop cross-curricular connections.
Substitute Teacher for Teachers on Reserve
September 2012 – current, Bay Area, CA
Charter/Private/Parochial school substitute teacher. Commonly requested by administrators and teachers. Reliable at executing lesson plans and ensuring student learning.
Student Teacher at Hayward High School, Hayward Unified School District
February 2012 – June 2012
Student teaching placement, teaching two 11th grade College Prep English classes and assisting in 11th grade African-American Literature. Worked with diverse student populations in large (~40 student) classes. Developed and adapted curriculum, activities, and strategies alone and in collaboration with master teacher.
Student Teacher at Montera Middle School, Oakland Unified School District
September 2011 – January 2012
Taught one class period of 8th graders, creating all of my own curricula (organizers, essay prompts, projects, tests). Teaching assistant in two other class periods, providing one-on-one support and collaborating with master teacher on lessons. Tutored English Learners and Special Needs, working with students, staff, and parents.
Composition Tutor at City College of San Francisco
Fall 2001 – Spring 2003
Composition Tutor in CCSF Learning Assistance Center, helping peers at many levels (ESL, remedial, and college credit) with organization and writing skills.
- Education Qualifications
- Devoted to individual student development and language arts achievement
- Familiar with challenges presented by students from a range of socio-economic backgrounds and ethnicities
- Enjoys developing and adapting course materials, tuning to particular class interests and needs.
- Subject areas of special focus include the literatures of African-Americans, Russians, and Pacific Islanders.
- Technology Qualifications
- Able to instruct use of Office and Creative Software (Microsoft, LibreOffice, Adobe)
- Adept with technology; years of experience as a software professional.
- Knows how to maximize value of available classroom technology, from overheads to smartboards.
- Skilled with HTML5, CSS3, and jQuery for front-end website design
- Has created projects using Python and back-end website frameworks such as Django and Flask
- iOS (iPad/iPhone) development
- Video editing and production using tools such as Final Cut Pro
- Skillful at communicating with and training colleagues in the latest and most useful technology.